what to write about?
Wholehearted Woman is a collection of personal essays, stories, experiences, and lessons focusing on the real, honest, and often messy experiences of being a woman. We know there is often more than one side to the story, and we want to hear your side of the story. What is it like to be you? What have you learned so far? What have you struggled with? What does being a woman mean to you?
To learn more about the difference between writing for the blog and magazine, please scroll past the form below.
There is no topic requirement. We want to learn about you.
But here are some topic ideas: self-love, mental illness, recovery and healing, body image, feminism, being a woman of color and minority, personal growth, relationships, abuse, friendships, family, entrepreneurship, non-profit work, women in the workplace, being a millennial, creative living, community, travel, etc.
Write from the heart. Don't worry about having an outline or a beginning, middle, and ending. This isn't English class. You aren't being graded on your grammar, but please do proofread and use proper grammar in your submissions. But sometimes, the best stories don't have a beginning or ending, because they are still happening. And sometimes, they do. Either way, we want to hear about it.
Have any other questions? Head on over to our FAQ page.
Before submitting, please read our philosophy and blog to get a better understanding of our brand, mission, and voice.
- Content should be original, unique, and not fully published elsewhere.
- High-res photo of your beautiful self with a short bio (3-5 sentences), your website, and any social media links you would like to include in your article.
- The title of your piece and a minimum of 600 words.
- Proofread your work before sending in your final submission.
- When you're ready to sign something in, please attach a file (either Google Docs or Word) with your writing piece and author bio at the bottom. Send in all photos as separate files. You can send over your submissions to email@example.com or use the form below and paste your article into the "message" section. If selected, I will ask you for photos, author bio and image, and your social media links.
- For any questions or concerns, please use the contact form below.
We are now only accepting full stories and / or articles to be submitted.
Previously, we were using a system of submitting your content idea / pitch first. However, due to the high volume of back and forth emailing being done (and me being a one-woman band), we're now only accepting full stories and / or articles to be submitted. To submit your article, please make sure to read all the guidelines above and then send your submission over to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please allow for 1-2 weeks for a reply. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks, please feel free to send in another submission.
** Please note that not all content pitches or final submissions will be accepted. We try to accept submissions that are in alignment with our philosophy and branding.
To submit, please attach a file (either Google Docs or Word) with your writing piece and author bio at the bottom. Send in all photos as separate files. You can send over your submissions to email@example.com or use the form below and paste your article into the "message" section. If selected, I will ask you for photos, author bio and image, and your social media links.
If you do not hear back within two weeks, feel free to make another submission. Thank you!