It's officially February 2018! Crazy, right? It seemed like it was only the first day of 2018 yesterday.
Given everything, I felt like January was pretty well spent.
Did I reach all my goals? Not really, more on that below.
Did I change some of my goals along the way? Yes. Yes, I did.
Did I learn something this month? I would definitely say so, and that's the point, right? To learn and to grow?
Okay, so let's get to it! January recap and goals for February.
- Create more resources for Wholehearted Woman. - Not to toot my own horn, but I think I knocked this one out of the park. I added two new resources along with some mobile and desktop friendly wallpapers to my resource library (you can sign up for that here). I also created my first ebook, Realigned Discoveries!! You can find out more about that here. Ooooh, and I also created my 2018 reading list, which was a huge hit. And I was just reading Crushing It! by Gary Vee earlier today.
- Plan out Q1 blog posts for 2018. - Part of me is like ... I can't believe I actually pulled that off and another part of me is of course you did - go you!! Other than these monthly recaps and interviews (which I may be putting on hold for a while), I have scheduled posts to go out every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. Want to learn how to plan your own content? Check out my content planning course. :)
- Send out weekly emails to my email list. - YESSSS. I did this, and I feel so freakin' proud of myself too. If you were on my email list last year, you knowwwwww how flaky I was with it last year. And if you're on the list but haven't been seeing any, make sure you check your spam folder and add "firstname.lastname@example.org" to your contacts list, because the emails are only going to get better from here. Weekly encouragement and pep talks delivered straight to your inbox.
- Brand photography. - I finally hired someone to take photos of me!! This is honestly SO huge for me - I think I might write about this experience once I get the photos from my photographer. Growing up, I struggled with my body image and self-esteem like a lot. And even though I'm okay with having my pictures taken sometimes and even ask people to take photos, I was so nervous (and excited) to have branded photos taken of me.
- Start exercising and eating better. - Okay, yes! I actually followed through with this. Was it perfect? No. But I wasn't expecting myself to be perfect either - and nor will I ever expect myself to be perfect with this, because perfection doesn't exist. I exercised at least 4 to 5 times every week starting January 10th and this is obviously something I'm going to continue in February.
- Read a book. - I use to read soooo much, but now I don't anymore so this is one of my monthly goals for 2018. At least 1 book a month and more in some months since it's on my 2018 bucket list to read 18 books this year. So I started a few books this month, but haven't actually finished one yet. I'm currently at least two-thirds done with reading Crushing It!
- It's scary being vulnerable with others, especially with those you've just met. But honestly? If you're honest and someone says something unnecessarily mean to you about your struggles, a. you can choose not to give their words any power and b. that's not someone you want in your life and it's better to find out sooner than later. But most of the time? People will understand, because life can be difficult and no one is perfect.
- Do not expect yourself to do everything in a day. It is okay to go at your own pace, even if you feel like everyone is moving faster than you. No one is judging you more harshly than you're judging yourself. Judgment and love cannot coexist; choose love.
february 2018 goals
- Launch my secret project. - I don't want to announce it yet because I'm still working on getting all the details and pieces together, but it's coming. :) Business cards are also coming because...
- Networking. - I'm pushing myself out of my comfort zone to go to more networking events in 2018 and challenge myself to talk to more people and share with them what I do! So my plan for Feb includes: going to at least 3 in-person networking events and having 3 coffee chats.
- Grow my IG. - Last year, I didn't focus on Instagram because quite honestly, I was just done with it. But this year, I'm changing my perspective on the platform and using it to my advantage. :)
- Start a YouTube channel. - This is a maybe. I'm still deciding on this, but if you'd like to see a YouTube channel from me, let me know in the comments below!
- Brand sponsorships. - I want to start working with brands and getting into that side of things, but I'll always be honest and upfront about my opinions and what I believe in and align with. Honesty is the best policy and I am a firm believer and practicer of that.
Overall, I'm pretty excited for February and cannot wait to see what this month brings!
Do you have goals for this month?
Share them with me in the comments below. I'd love to hear them!
p.s. sign up for the mailing list to get the free monthly planner!